(1) All students are expected to arrive at classes on time and conduct themselves in an appropriate disciplinary manner during class, laboratory sessions, field experiences, and examination / assessment exercises. Faculty members shall set standards regarding appropriate classroom behaviour and have the authority to remove from their class any student whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate or disruptive. The instances of serious breach of discipline shall be reported (in writing) to the Department Chair who shall send the matter (together with his comments on a separate sheet of paper), through the Dean of the Faculty, to the Vice Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor shall instantly refer the matter to the Student Discipline Committee constituted vide THE LLU REGULATION No. 1 of 2012 for necessary action.
(2) Lahore Leads University expects its students to meet the highest ethical and academic standards. Academic standards prohibit:
- Concealing notes during examinations/tests/quizzes for cheating purpose.
- Collusion between students in examinations/tests/quizzes.
- Copying the work of another student either with or without that student’s knowledge during an examination /test/quiz or during/outside of class for the purpose of an assigned task.
- Plagiarism: The definition for plagiarism includes copying of any kind without giving credit to the source of the information, i.e. representing another’s work or ideas as one’s own. For example, word-for-word copying from published material, “copy and paste” from the internet or other electronic sources, and paraphrasing new ideas without giving proper citation to the quoted or paraphrased work. In addition, self plagiarism is prohibited (a student using his/her previously written paper to meet the requirements for another course).
- Unauthorized cooperation on individually assigned work.
- Other acts of academic dishonesty, for example, electronic device for cheating purpose during an examination / test /quiz / practical examination / etc. and students will not bring mobile phone in the examination halls
(3) Students responsible for indulging in practices stated above or any other act of indiscipline on campus shall be severely punished in accordance with the policies and procedures laid out for the purpose.
(4) The Student Discipline Committee, constituted vide THE LLU REGULATION No. 1 of 2012, shall proceed on these matters and necessary action(s) shall be undertaken in due course.